Freedom of Information Requests


There are three ways to obtain the information:

Parish Council website

The web site holds the type of information which the Council routinely publishes e.g. minutes and agendas. The information you want may already be included in the publication scheme – so please check the documents above first.

Inspect Documents held by the Clerk

If you wish to view certain documents, you should contact the Clerk, either via the facility on the web site or by email, or in writing. Some documents require some time to locate, so it may be necessary to make an appointment.

Individual Written Request

If the information is not included in the publication scheme or on the web site, you may send a written request to:

The Parish Clerk, 1 Church View, Biddenden, Kent TN27 8EB

Your request must include your name, address for correspondence, and a description of the information you require.


Within 20 working days of receipt of your written request the Council will:

  • confirm to you whether or not it holds the information
  • advise you if a fee will be charged
  • provide you with the information (after any relevant fee has been paid) unless an exemption applies (see 'Exemptions' paragraph below).  


Some information may not be provided by the Council as there are 23 exemptions in the Freedom of Information Act, for example, personal data about individuals which is protected by the Data Protection Act 1998, or commercially confidential information.


If you need help in accessing information from the Council under the Freedom of Information Act, please contact the Parish Clerk (address as before).

You will also find more detailed guidance on the website of the Information Commissioner.


If you are dissatisfied with the response from the Council then you should put your complaint in writing to the Clerk at the address above. If you are still dissatisfied, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:

Tel: 0303 123 1113